The best means of fleas in the apartment and house
Every person is characterized by concern about creating comfort and coziness in his apartment. Suddenly appeared parasites can upset the habitual foundations of life. Flea Control, as well as with bedbugs, is a long-standing problem of mankind. In the Middle Ages, jumping parasites were taken out with the help of old hare pelts, which were placed on the floor.This is explained by the fact that fleas prefer to settle in secluded places, which in this case were fur litters. Today, effective means of fleas in the apartment and the house are powerful insecticides that can fight bloodsuckers at any stage of development.
Fleas are blood-sucking parasites, so the main harm and anxiety they cause bites. The affected body is not only itchy and sore, but allergic reactions caused by injected poison are not excluded.
Important! Bloodsuckers for humans are dangerous, as they carry more than 200 different dangerous diseases, such as encephalitis, plague, hepatitis, salmonellosis and others. Therefore, at the first sign of the presence of fleas in the apartment, it is necessary to take all measures to extermination of unwanted neighbors.
Recommendations for determining fleas in the apartment
Before choosing insecticides for fleas, you need to make sure that these parasites occupied the apartment. After all, to combat various insects, there are certain drugs. According to experts, a person can settle up to thirty species of various bloodsuckers. You can distinguish fleas from other parasites if you know their characteristic signs:
- insects have yellow and brown-black color shades;
- the length of the parasite is in the range from 1 to 5 mm;
- the body of the bug is slightly flattened at the sides and provided with many bristles;
- due to the presence of three pairs of legs, the insect is capable of jumping over long distances.
Their lifespan is approximately 2 years. During this time, the female can lay up to two thousand eggs. After a few weeks, moving larvae appear; after 14 days, they turn into adult insects. Domestic fleas that are most commonly found within human housing include:
One way or another entering the apartment, they bring a lot of trouble to all the inhabitants of the room. Favorite habitats for insects are carpet, crevices, beds, soft fleecy toys, plinths, kitchen sinks, furniture, pets' habitats, and others. Knowing all the nooks of their location, you can begin an effective struggle at home.
Interesting! A clean sheet of white paper can become an indicator when determining fleas.It should be put on the floor and carefully observed. If after some time black moving dots appear on it, it is urgent to acquire a remedy against fleas in the apartment.
Preparation of the apartment for disinsection and processing rules
Before you begin the process of destroying fleas, it is necessary to carry out the preparatory work:
- do a wet cleaning of the apartment;
- carefully pack and remove food;
- pets - protect with special collars for dogs and cats, and the rest (cold-blooded) removed from the premises;
- a few hours after treatment, the apartment needs to be ventilated.
These activities will allow to disinfect living space without any problems. To achieve the maximum positive result, you must perform the following actions:
- to process all fabric and fleecy things;
- dry in the sun or clean the bedding with a steam generator;
- thoroughly rinse accessible surfaces using disinfectants;
- vacuum the apartment to collect fleas and eggs;
- to process living space with the obligatory use of personal protective equipment;
- the disinfected room must be closed for several hours and then well ventilated;
- wipe the available surface from the drug, and cleaning in the apartment in 3-4 days.
Properly chosen remedy for fleas in the apartment and thorough testing will help get rid of bloodsuckers. Do not forget that the best way to prevent the recurrence of parasites in the house - prevention.
Choosing an effective remedy for fleas
Narrow food specialization of fleas is reflected in the fact that the drugs used for their destruction are less than from other insects. The parasite is not able to eat a poisonous bait, so you can poison it by using such means:
- sprays and aerosols, the active components of which penetrate into the insect with air;
- contact action preparations in the form of powders or suspensions;
Virtually all the means of fleas have an impact on the nervous system of parasites. They block the transmission of impulses, which leads to paralysis and death of the insect. The active substances in the preparations may be different. In some, insecticides of the pyrethroid group are used, in others - organophosphate compounds.
Fleas and bedbugs are similar in nutrition. Therefore, all insecticidal agents for bed bugs can be successfully used in the fight against other bloodsuckers.
Pyrethroids are a group of chemicals that are an active component in various preparations for all sorts of blood-sucking parasites. These include: permethrin, phenotrin, and etofenprox. These preparations for fleas have a somewhat slowed-down, prolonged type of action, which ensures a long-lasting effect from their use.
Organophosphate-based insecticides have an ovicidal effect, which is very important if the fleas have settled long ago and began to multiply. On the basis of these substances, such well-known means as Karbofos for fleas and Dichlorvos. Despite the large number of shortcomings, they are sometimes simply irreplaceable.
One of the simplest means used to fight bloodsuckers is the poison from fleas in the form of chalk. It is usually used for surface treatment in those places where it is not possible to use other drugs. The products are practically safe, although they have a slight toxicity.They are preferably used for preventive purposes, preventing the penetration of parasites into the room.
Flea powder is a very effective drug with a long lasting effect. It is easy to scatter it in this form under carpets, cabinets and in crevices. There it can be for a long time, which is necessary for complete disposal of fleas. Means have a contact action, the poisoning effect occurs after contact of the parasite with poison. The most popular are various dusts, such as Clean House, Fenaxin, Brownie, and Fas-double.
The most popular among the population, judging by the numerous reviews, are considered to be stronger drugs, which include:
- Raptor in the form of a spray. This is a well-known and widely used remedy for domestic fleas. It is safe for humans and has a pleasant mint smell. The prolonged action allows you to get rid of newly hatched larvae, since the effect lasts for three weeks.
“We have processed a large private house. It took eight cylinders, but the effect is amazing - not only the fleas, but the bugs are gone. Good remedy. Recommend".
- Sinusan.Professional tool used only by disinsection services. This is the most effective remedy for fleas, as it reliably protects the apartment from uninvited guests. The disadvantage is a strong, unpleasant smell, so it is problematic to use at home.
“There have never been any parasites in the house, but here they started to bite something. Caused brigade from the station. They quickly and thoroughly processed the entire apartment. The fleas are gone after this, and they do not appear. They asked what was processed, it was very smelly. Said that Sinuzan. Good insecticide. "
- The drug for fleas Chlorpirimark. Professional tool is available in the Netherlands. The active component is an organophosphorus compound - chlorpyrifos. Fights cockroaches, flies, ants, bedbugs and fleas. Residual activity persists for one and a half months.
- Biorin. It belongs to the category of special highly toxic products and is used only by special services. The flea remedy is valid for eight weeks, but bloodsuckers die already on the first day after treatment. The active substance is deltamethrin.The drug has an unpleasant, acrid smell, dangerous for children and pets. Sold as a concentrate. It is necessary to breed a poison according to instructions in the instruction.
- Raid - a popular tool with high efficiency in the fight against domestic parasites. Aerosol packaging allows you to quickly and thoroughly treat the room. After use it is recommended to close the apartment for several hours.
- Get - the best cure for fleas in the apartment. The microencapsulated drug is produced in the form of a spray and a concentrated emulsion, which requires additional dilution to obtain a working solution.
- Clean house. The drug is in the form of a spray, under the action of which in insects, there are convulsions, paralysis, leading to the death of insects.
The list of highly effective means used to combat blood-sucking parasites can be continued. Separately, attention should be paid to drugs that are not perceptible by the organs of smell. This information will be useful for people who do not tolerate harsh odors, and you need to fight with fleas:
- Fetrum from fleas. A substance of organic origin, effectively eliminating insects.The powdered preparation is made from ground camomile inflorescences. It is recommended to fall asleep in all hard-to-reach places in the apartment. It is safe for children and animals, can be used in parallel with other insecticides.
- Varan is odorless. It is used against fleas and bedbugs, prevents their appearance within two weeks. Not dangerous for children and pets.
- Butox is a harmless drug that can be purchased at a veterinary pharmacy. Prepacked in glass ampoules, the contents of which in certain proportions are mixed with water. This flea medicine allows one-time treatment of the premises.
“Since there is a small child and two cats at home, they decided to get rid of fleas with the least toxic means. Chose from reviews Butox. The result made us happy: the fleas disappeared quickly and no longer appeared. ”
Before you buy a particular drug, you should consult with experts and carefully read the instructions. After all, if there are children in the apartment, then you should buy and use safe means for the child.This will allow, without prejudice to the health of the small family member, to conduct a pest control room. But even if the insecticide is safe, experts recommend taking the children out of the apartment for a while.
You should pay attention to the fact that if there is a cat or dog in the house, then they should also be protected from bloodsuckers. Owners of domestic animals living in Russia, it is desirable to use for their pets modern insecticidal domestic production. This is due to the fact that imported drugs do not take into account the specifics of the local parasitic component. Therefore, veterinarians are advised to protect their pets with cat's anti-flea collars, drops on withers and sprays for the processing of wool of the well-known Russian manufacturer Api-San. The use of creolin from fleas will also help to destroy the parasites of the smaller brothers. If a kitten or a puppy lives in the apartment, then for safety reasons, try using folk remedies to rid them of bloodsuckers.
The names of drugs for the destruction of bloodsuckers, there are many. Today, you can easily buy a remedy for fleas in a house at an affordable price in Moscow or in another settlement.All of them are effective enough and will allow for a short period of time to get rid of insects in the apartment.